Temporary Receptionist Job Description
Department: Operations Manager
Classification: Part time, TEMPORARY
Job Relationship: Reports to Operations Manager
Position Summary: Provides in-person, phone, and email customer service to organization clients
Pay rate: $10.50/hour
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Maintain a high level of professional customer service across a broad range of communication channels
- Answer incoming calls and assist visitors with specific inquiries regarding PAWS services, products, fees, website information, etc.
- Make outbound calls to respond to inquiries; ensure all voicemails are responded to by end of day
- Welcome visitors in a courteous and informative manner, ensuring all operational protocol (including COVID-19 specific protocol) are followed
- Search for and enter information, moving between two or more open browser windows on the desktop, while also on the phone
- Keep lobby and front desk area exceptionally neat, clean, and organized
- Minimum one year experience in a high traffic call/visitor setting
- Superb customer service skills
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Centre County PAWS
Knowledge and Skills
- Function comfortably in a fast-paced, performance-based environment
- Ability to carry out several tasks at the same time
- Making sound, quick decisions based on available information
- Ability to respond to basic technical difficulties with phone network
- Strong telephone communication and interpersonal skills due to the heavy phone use this job entails
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Work autonomously and perform well under pressure
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Approximately 15-20 hours per week
- Needed evenings and weekends (Monday evening, Wednesday evening. Saturday and Sunday during the day)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle, and talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The position holder must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- While performing the duties of this job this position, expect to be exposed to animal odors and animal noises.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- COVID-19 specific considerations - Works directly with visitors of unknown COVID-19 exposure history and in close proximity to a number of PAWS staff and volunteers. Required to wear a mask through the majority, if not all, of scheduled shifts.
Centre County PAWS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For those interested in applying, please submit your resume to our Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered.