Updated: January 3, 2022
Centre County PAWS has always been committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, volunteers, and animals in Centre County. As a result, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and have taken additional precautions to keep our community safe.
PAWS is currently open BY-APPOINTMENT ONLY
All visitors must be masked and practice social distancing while inside the PAWS facility.
- Adoptions: Fill out an online application on our How to Adopt page for cats or dogs. Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted to set up an appointment to meet or adopt your new pet.
- Rehoming: Fill out an online surrender form. You will be contacted for an appointment when we are able to assist.
- General operations assistance: Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment or stop by and ring the doorbell for assistance. We cannot guarantee staff will be available to assist you at all times, so an appointment is recommended.
- Any visitor is required to follow our visitor expectations:
- Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 (or caring for those with COVID-19) are not permitted in the building.
- Hand sanitize before and after all interactions if hand washing is not possible.
- Practice reasonable social distancing by staying 6 feet apart as much as possible.
- Masks are required inside the building. Those without masks will not be permitted into the building. The only exception to this is children 2 years of age or younger. Volunteers and staff may assist over the phone or outside the building at their discretion.
- Space is limited. As necessary, visitor spots are reserved for those seeking services (SNAP, Pet Pantry food, trap rental, etc.) and those with scheduled adoption or surrender appointments.
- Foster Home Applicants: We are accepting new foster home applications. See our foster page for more information. We particularly need homes willing to foster litters of kittens or puppies and homes with no children or other pets for our more selective PAWS animals.
- Rehoming an Animal: Those with a cat or dog to surrender to PAWS should follow all normal rehoming protocol as outlined on our website. Please seek alternate rehoming resources as much as possible, as our intakes may be delayed.
- Assistance from PAWS: Those in need of services such as Pet Pantry food or supplies should email email@example.com to set up an appointment for pick up or stop by and ring the doorbell. We cannot guarantee staff will be available to help at all times, so an appointment is recommended m Those in need of trap rental should email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pickup. We will happily help you as soon as possible!
- Educational Programming: The Summer Program for Kids and Birthday Party Program are currently on hold. The Kids Club and Reading Program have reopened, but registration is full.
- New Volunteer Training: We are accepting new adult (18 yrs+) volunteers in various areas at PAWS. Visit our volunteer opportunities page for more information.
- Community Service Volunteers: At this time we are accepting a very limited number of Community Service volunteers for mid-day, socially distanced and primarily outdoor service.
ANIMALS AND COVID-19:
We have seen and heard concern expressed over transmission of COVID-19 by pets. We want to share accurate information about this to keep you and your pets safe. The bottom line is this - there is no evidence that dogs or cats play a role in the spread of COVID-19 or that dogs or cats can become ill and symptomatic from exposure to COVID-19. Virus transmission is a risk presented by other humans. Stay informed and be prepared.
PA Department of Agriculture: https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Agriculture_details.aspx