Volunteer FAQs – Front Desk
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
The first step is to complete a volunteer application form.
What Would My Responsibilities Be?
Front Desk volunteers are the face and voice of PAWS. The Front Desk is often a very busy place and volunteer responsibilities include:
- Welcoming visitors to the Center, answering questions, and directing visitors to appropriate locations, volunteers, Shelter Supervisor, etc.
- Accepting donations from visitors, giving receipts, and thanking on behalf of PAWS.
- Answering phones and providing information and/or obtaining information, as needed.
- Receiving information about cat and dog surrenders, and getting information to appropriate intake volunteers.
- Helping with PAWS projects as needed.
How Would I Be Trained for These Responsibilities?
Training is a one-to-one buddy/mentor system, working with an experienced volunteer during a regular desk shift on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday open hours.
What Are Shift Times?
Saturdays and Sundays: 10:45 am - 1:30 pm and 1:30-4 pm; 4:45-7 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays; and 11 am - 2 pm on Tuesdays.
Are There Resources Available to Help Me Do the Job?
Yes! There is a comprehensive reference book with information about surrenders, adoption fees, local vets, PA animal welfare organizations, spay/neuter assistance programs, lost/found animal instructions, voice mail notes, and the volunteer directory.
Join the PAWS volunteer team today, and help make a difference to Centre County's homeless animals!