Boy Scout Merit Badges
BS Dog Care Merit Badge
Troops can schedule a tour of the facility that includes specifics to the Dog Care Merit Badge which include visiting an animal shelter. Boys will learn about:
1. Explain the importance of house-training, obedience training, and socialization training for your dog
2. Explain what “responsible pet ownership” means.
3. Explain what issues (including temperament) must be considered when deciding on what breed of dog to get as a family pet.
4. When you fill in the form to schedule a tour, let us know any other specific areas of the Dog Care requirements you would like us to include such as: common characteristics of certain breeds of dogs, obedience training, dental care, flea/tick prevention, vaccinations, grooming, dog laws and career opportunities.
BS Pets Merit Badge
Troops can schedule a tour of the facility that includes specifics to the Pets Merit Badge. This badge requires you to care for a pet for four months. If you would like a tour of PAWS to get started with basic care lessons for dogs or cats, we can help you with the basics such as:
1. Care involved to own a cat or dog
2. Feeding – how much, how often, quality of food
3. Housing needs
4. Local laws regarding dogs and cats
BS Veterinary Medicine Merit Badge
Troops can schedule a tour of the facility that includes specifics to Veterinary Medicine Merit Badge. Topics included:
1. Veterinary care for dogs and cats
3. What is takes to be on the PAWS Medical Team
4. Specifics regarding how the medical team tracks and cares for the animals at PAWS.