Cat Behavioral IssuesMedical problems should always be considered as a possible cause for unusual or inappropriate behavior. We recommend that you talk with your veterinarian about any behavioral problems you may be experiencing before attempting any behavioral intervention. If you do not currently have a veterinarian, please see our Local Vets & Rescues page.
Some helpful websites on cat behavioral issues are:
Please also see our Alternatives to Declawing page.
- Feline Behavior (American Association of Feline Practitioners)
- Litter Box Issues (Cornell University)
- Aggression Issues (Cornell University)
- Destructive Behavior (Cornell University)
- Virtual Pet Behaviorist (ASPCA)
- Taming found feral or "wild" kittens (Urban Cat League)