Centre County PAWS is pleased to announce it is offering a summer program for children. PAWS will provide a behind-the-scenes, hands-on, fun-filled experience showcasing what we do for the animals while teaching children caring and responsible pet care and pet ownership. This is an interactive program with fun educational activities for kids who love animals. Program participants will spend an average of two hours each day interacting with the animals.
Depending on the session, activities include:
- Tours of behind the scenes daily operations of the shelter
- Making snacks for the pets at the shelter
- Building/constructing pet toys for the animals
- Visiting our surgery room and viewing a spay/neuter operation (optional)
- Daily cleaning of animal living space
- Decorating our meet and greet rooms to help animals get adopted
- Learning to listen to an animal’s heart and lungs
- Learning how PAWS completes a cat intake
- Learning how to read an animal’s body language
- Learning basic animal training (sit, down, stay, come)
- Other fun and educational activities!
Registration for our 2019 Summer Program is now open! Click here to complete the registration form.
|Session||Ages 6 - 8||Ages 9 - 11||Ages 12-14|
|1: June 18 - June 21||X|
|2: June 25 - June 28||X|
|3: July 16 - July 19||X|
|4: July 23 - July 26||X|
|5: July 30 - August 2||X|
|6: August 6 - August 9||X|
Registration and Payment:
The registration deadline for all sessions is May 10, 2019
Registration and payment includes all activities, materials, daily snacks, and a PAWS Program T-Shirt.
Registration and payment must be submitted to secure participant's spot. Registration is limited to 12 children per session and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register early and save!
- Early registration ($185 per child) is December 10th through February 13th, 2019
- Regular registration ($210 per child) is February 14th through May 10th, 2019
The regular cost to participate is $210 per participant. If you are enrolling more than one child per family, the fee for the first child is $210 and each additional child is $185 ($25 family discount). Regular registration dates are February 14, 2019 through May 10, 2019.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. These are given to needs-based participants only.
7:45 AM - 12:00 PM
This is a drop-off and pick-up program. Before and after daycare is not available.
Due to limited enrollment, there are no refunds. Sorry no exceptions.