Centre County PAWS is pleased to announce it is offering a summer program for children. PAWS will provide a behind-the-scenes, hands-on, fun-filled experience showcasing what we do for the animals while teaching children caring and responsible pet care and pet ownership. This is an interactive program with fun educational activities for kids who love animals. Program participants will spend an average of two hours each day interacting with the animals.
Depending on the session, activities include:
- Tours of behind the scenes daily operations of the shelter
- Making snacks for the pets at the shelter
- Building/constructing pet toys for the animals
- Visiting our surgery room and viewing a spay/neuter operation (optional)
- Daily cleaning of animal living space
- Decorating our meet and greet rooms to help animals get adopted
- Learning to listen to an animal’s heart and lungs
- Learning how PAWS completes a cat intake
- Learning how to read an animal’s body language
- Learning basic animal training (sit, down, stay, come)
- Other fun and educational activities!
Registration for our 2020 Summer Program Is Closed
2020 Program Dates:
|Session||Ages 6 - 8||Ages 9 - 11|
|1: June 16 - June 19||X|
|2: June 23 - June 26||X|
|3: July 14 - July 17||X||X|
|4: July 21 - July 24||X|
7:45 AM - 12:00 PM
This is a drop-off and pick-up program. Before and after daycare is not available.
Registration and Payment:
The registration deadline for all sessions is May 18, 2020
Registration and payment includes all activities, materials, daily snacks, and a PAWS Program T-Shirt.
Registration and payment must be submitted to secure participant's spot. Registration is limited to 20 children per session and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register early and save!
- Early registration ($205 per child) is December 16th through February 14th, 2020
- Regular registration ($235 per child) is February 15th through May 18th, 2020
The regular cost to participate is $235 per participant. If you are enrolling more than one child per family, the fee for the first child is $235 and each additional child is $205 ($30 family discount). Regular registration dates are February 15, 2020 through May 18, 2020.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. These are given to needs-based participants only.
Due to limited enrollment, there are no refunds. Sorry no exceptions.
Program leaders are certified through Darkness to Light - Child Stewardship, have a criminal background check, and child abuse background check. Program leaders follow best policies as taught in these training classes.