The spay/neuter voucher program is designed to reduce the cost of managing a feral/stray colony or getting your cat or dog altered. The program gives you a coupon that can be used at a local vet's office at the time of surgery.
Our voucher program is open to people who live, work or study full-time in Centre County (dogs and cats). It is also open for cats only (feral and non-feral) to people who live, work or study full-time in Huntingdon County. If you live in another Pennsylvania county and don't qualify for the spay/neuter voucher program, you can sign up for one of our low-cost spay/neuter clinics
Vouchers are approved for use at any Centre County veterinarian's office and the Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic in Woodland. Two vet's offices, All Pets Veterinary Wellness & Spay/Neuter Clinic and Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic, currently accept vouchers as the full price of surgery for cats. More detailed information, including the specifically approved amount, is provided with the voucher, which will be sent to you by mail or email.
Clients at All Pets are required to pay for flea treatment for any animal with a flea infestations and for a rabies vaccination if your animal is not yet vaccinated per PA law. Rabies vaccinations are included within the surgical cost at the Allegheny S/N Clinic. Pre-operative bloodwork, vaccines, de-worming medication, etc. are available at an additional charge. You are encouraged to follow the vet's suggested wellness plan in addition to having the spay/neuter procedure done.
Your Next Steps
- Complete the online VOUCHER application form for cats, dogs, or feral cats. Or, contact us and ask for a paper application form, and send the completed form back to us.
- Wait for your application to be processed and for the voucher to be emailed or mailed to you.
- Find a Centre County veterinarian or the Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic in Woodland, make an appointment, and follow your veterinarian's instructions. This includes discussing the appropriate age at which to alter the animal.
- Vouchers may only be used at veterinarians in Centre County or the Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic in Woodland.
- Up to 6 PAWS spay/neuter vouchers per household, per calendar year, are available for non-feral animals. There is no limit on the number of feral vouchers available per year.
- All feral cats must have their ear tipped at the time of surgery.*
- Huntingdon County residents who don't work or study full-time in Centre County are eligible for vouchers for cats (feral or non-feral) only.
- We are not able to provide vouchers to other rescue organizations for use with their animals.
* Feral cats are "wild" cats who cannot be easily touched, and therefore the sex may not be determined until sedated. They are most often cats who will be released outdoors after being spayed/neutered (though some participants work with socializing feral kittens and ultimately find them indoor homes).
You Can Help PAWS
- By telling your friends, family, and neighbors the importance of spaying and neutering.
- By reserving spay/neuter funds for people who truly need assistance.
Click to complete the online VOUCHER application form for:
** These links are to the Voucher Application forms and are NOT the voucher, which should be turned in to your veterinarian. Please complete an application online and allow at least 2 weeks for approval.
Spay/Neuter Contact Information